Thursday, March 13, 2014
3:30 to 5:00 PM
2nd – Civic Ballroom South
The business meeting of the CIES New Scholars Committee provides us the opportunity to discuss the planning, leadership, communication, and evaluation of the Committee. This meeting is open to all CIES members who are in the early phases off their career development. Whether you would like to get involved with the organization of the Committee, or simply would like to share your perspective on the role that New Scholars should play within CIES, please join us at our annual meeting! If you have any suggestions for items to be discussed as part of the business meeting agenda, please email them to email@example.com.
An important part of the meeting will include electing representatives to lead the New Scholars Committee in preparing for the next CIES conference. Currently, the Committee uses an organizational structure that pairs returning representatives with new representatives, so that planning duties can be transferred efficiently from year to year. Therefore, we are looking for new volunteers to serve on the following subcommittees from 2014 – 2016:
- Dissertation Workshop Subcommittee: to assist in organizing dissertation workshops for doctoral students.
- Publication Workshop Subcommittee: to assist in organizing publication workshops for final stage and recent Ph.D. and Ed.D graduates.
- Essentials Series Subcommittee: to assist in organizing special sessions aimed at promoting the professional development of scholars.
- Orientation Subcommittee: to assist in organizing the welcome orientation session for newcomers to CIES.
- Awards Subcommittee: to assist in reviewing the processes for abstract evaluation and awards allocation.
- Communications Subcommittee: to help keep members informed about Committee activities through the New Scholars website, Facebook page, twitter and email account.
All nominations and voting will take place at the business meeting. If you are unable to attend, you may arrange for another individual to speak on your behalf at the meeting.